Refurbishment of Existing Office Block
This building comprises 75,500 sq. ft. and dates from 1982. It was vacated by Pricewaterhouse Coopers in 2007 and required substantial refurbishment works. BREL evaluated a range of options against the background of a weak letting market and formulated a strategy of extensive internal works to the building so that it appealed to occupiers seeking flexible, efficient space in an excellent location at a competitive cost.
- assembling a small design team
- negotiating with the landlords
- securing planning and all other consents
- devising a marketing strategy
- instructing letting agents
- project managing the works and securing lettings
- monitoring the tenant fit-outs
The strategy was a success and the first tenant was signed up within weeks of the works being completed. Shortly afterwards, terms were agreed to lease 33,000 sq. ft. to LinkedIn. BREL leased and supervised the fit-out in Wilton Plaza to LinkedIn.